Vision and Values
At Rushey Mead all students, teachers and parents share a common vision to
"Make A Positive Difference".
This underpins everything we do and helps us to achieve the best outcomes for all students.
Every day at Rushey Mead we work together to Make A Positive Difference.
- To ourselves. We support students to achieve the highest standards, not just in lessons and examinations, but also in extra-curricular activities. We encourage them to consider their behaviour and to understand how this behaviour makes a positive difference to them and their future prospects. Every individual truly matters and we support them to be the best they can be.
- To others. Students at Rushey Mead consider their place in society and understand what it means to be a good citizen. The academy is extensively involved in charitable activity and students fully participate not only in fundraising for good causes but also in actively helping others. The development of leadership skills for students is an important focus for the academy through our "Compass" student leadership scheme. On a daily basis staff and students support one another and their peers to mutual success.
- To our world. Every day we encourage all members of our learning community to respect their surroundings and make sustainable choices for the future. We take collective responsibility to make Rushey Mead, Leicester and the wider world a better place.
Our daily values help to make sure Rushey Mead is a welcoming, safe and pleasant place to be.
- Respect: A positive and considerate attitude towards peers, staff and visitors.
- Manners: Demonstrating respect through conduct and behaviour.
- Attitude: Purposeful positive action and smart presentation.
Through our vision and values we are working together to:
- Inspire a love of learning
- Achieve excellent outcomes for students
- Ensure the well-being of students
- Instil a strong moral and ethical code
- Lead change in education as champions of best practice
- Develop outstanding educational professionals.