Rushey Mead Academy is committed to helping students fulfil their potential and experience success through an educational environment which responds to individual need and stimulates and challenges each and every student. The careers education and guidance provision (CEG) is an essential part of the academy curriculum in preparing students for the opportunities, challenges and responsibilities of adult and working life.
The main objective of the CEG programme is to enable students to fulfil individual potential, to raise aspirations, to challenge gender stereotypes, and to provide equal opportunities for all students.
Year 10 students who attended the LEBC Work Experience Launch Assembly after school 31st January and received an application form -
Please see attached 'A Guide to choosing work placements 2017-18' to refer to and help you choose which placement you would like to apply for. You need to put at least 2 options on your application form from different areas.
Remember your work placement does not need to be linked to your career choice as whatever you do on a placement will provide you with transferable skills - communication, confidence, organisational skills, problem solving skills to name but a few.
Student entitlement to careers education includes
- Individual guidance from our Careers Advisors
- A `drop-in' Careers Library with comprehensive and up-to-date information on opportunities in Education, Training and Employment and computer access for student use .
- Access to computer programmes (including home user license) offering occupational information and opportunity for career and job exploration.
- Access to UCAS (Website for colleges and universities in the UK).
- A Careers Education Programme built into the Learning For Life Curriculum
- A Work Placement opportunity for those Y10 students who have opted for vocational link courses.
Please use the below link to access further information. Our Careers Advisors – Students (and parents) can make an appointment to discuss career options, applications for courses, and training as well as to discuss the implications of their choices on request.
Achievement folders for sale from the kiosk for £2.50 each! (correct change needed)
This is a perfect folder for you to take your CV and certificates to your college interviews.
Who to contact:
Careers Advisor – Tina O'Reilly
Careers Administrator - Marie Butler